iPhone SE 2021 Will Not Arrive in the First Half of Next Year: Ming-Chi Kuo

first_imgiPhone SE 2021 (not the official name) will not be launched in the first half of next year as was expected by the industry, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has shared. The highly popular iPhone SE (2020) that brought great performance at a relatively budget-friendly price had fans looking forward to a 2021 model. However, an alleged report by Kuo states that there may not be a new iPhone SE in the first half of 2021. The report states that there is stiff competition between four Apple suppliers for the anticipated iPhone 13’s cameras that might hinder the production of a new iPhone SE.According to a report by MyFixGuide citing Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, there will not be an iPhone SE in the first half of 2021. iPhone SE (2020) was released in April this year with internal hardware of the iPhone 11 in the body of an iPhone 8, with a few differences. It is the cheapest iPhone model available and became quite popular among the masses upon launch. Fans who were expecting a 2021 version of the iPhone SE in the first half of next year may have to wait longer.- Advertisement – The report states that Kuo believes the market underestimates the impact of the competition being faced by Taiwan’s Genius Electronic Optical (GSEO), a company that provides camera hardware to Apple. There seems to be three other players – Largan Precision, Semco (Samsung Electro-mechanics), and a new firm named Sunny Optical. It is believed that due to this competition, Apple’s production plans for the iPhone SE 2021 model will be hindered.The report further adds that GSEO might lose orders for the ultra-wide-angle lens in the yet-unannounced iPhone 13 due to the competition. It is being estimated that while GSEO fulfilled 50 percent orders of the ultra-wide lens for iPhone 12, that number may come down to 30 percent for iPhone 13.As of now, Apple has not shared any information on iPhone SE 2021 or iPhone 13.- Advertisement – – Advertisement –center_img Are iPhone 12 mini, HomePod mini the Perfect Apple Devices for India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.last_img read more

PREMIUMSmelters buying nickel ore below floor price will get sanction: ESDM Ministry

first_imgTopics : Energy-Mineral-Resources-Ministry Indonesia mining-companies ore-export-ban floor-prices nickel-ores nickel-processing HIPMI Google Log in with your social account Facebook Forgot Password ? The Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) Ministry will issue a new regulation later in March to set up a floor price for nickel ore to ensure fair business practices in the domestic nickel market following the introduction of the nickel ore export ban in January of this year.The ministry’s mineral business development director Yunus Saefulhak said that all smelting companies should adhere to the floor price, which is to be set and regularly adjusted by the government based on prices on the international market and the operating costs of local miners.He said the floor price would be monitored closely and smelting companies that did not obey it would receive a sanction from the ministry.The government, through Energy and Mineral Resources Ministerial Regulation No. 11/2019, pushed the nickel ore export ban forward to January 2020, two years earlier than the date set by Min… Linkedin LOG INDon’t have an account? Register herelast_img read more

Coronavirus outbreak may end in June with ‘mudik’ ban: IDI

first_imgPresident Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced on Tuesday a nationwide ban on this year’s mudik. Previously, his administration had only advised the public to avoid the tradition this year, stopping short of an outright ban.He announced the ban after reading a Transportation Ministry survey that found that 24 percent of the country’s 270 million people still planned to leave for their hometowns and that 7 percent had already left.Read also: MUI: ‘Mudik’ from virus-affected areas ‘haram’About 20 million people from Greater Jakarta return to their hometowns annually to celebrate Idul Fitri in the tradition of mudik. The expected volume of travelers had previously raised concerns of wider contagion. Public health experts said it could cause the coronavirus to spread on a massive scale across Java. Jakarta and its satellite cities are among the hardest-hit areas in Indonesia. The capital itself is the national epicenter of the virus.Without the mudik ban, a number of people would have unknowingly carried the virus to their hometowns, Slamet said, which could have created a second wave of the disease.“Jakarta might have eventually flattened the curve, but [if mudik were not banned] the outbreak epicenters would have shifted to villages,” he said.As of Wednesday, Indonesia had confirmed 7,418 cases of COVID-19 with 635 deaths. Of those, Jakarta had reported 3,383 cases and 301 deaths, nearly half the country’s cases.Critics, however, have said that Jokowi’s mudik ban came too late as thousands of people had been returning to their hometowns since late last month. (aly) Topics :center_img The central government’s ban on the Idul Fitri tradition of mudik (exodus) is likely to help break the chain of COVID-19 contagion in the country and may cause the nation’s outbreak to end in June, according to the Indonesian Doctors Association (IDI).IDI deputy chairman Slamet Budiarto said the mudik (exodus) ban, coupled with the extension of large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) currently in place in virus-plagued areas, would help clamp down on COVID-19 transmission.”With the mudik ban and extended PSBB, I predict the [nation’s outbreak] may end in June,” Slamet said as quoted by tempo.co on Tuesday.last_img read more

$500m fall in housing investors opens path for newcomers

first_imgLatest ABS data shows investors have fallen away to the tune of almost half a billion dollars within a month. Picture: Brendon Thorne/Bloomberg via Getty ImagesLATEST housing finance data has found investors have backed off the market to the tune of almost half a billion dollars.ABS found investment housing commitments fell by $460m, down 3.9 per cent in July over the previous month, seasonally adjusted.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor1 hour agoAfter months of APRA trying to strongarm investors into backing off, forcing banks to shrink growth in that part of their portfolios, the clincher became June’s bank rates hikes.RateCity money editor Sally Tindall said investors who didn’t shop around in the current market could lose as much as $174,000 over the term of a 30-year loan. Investors were finally getting APRA’s message to back off on housing, according to RateCity.“The timing of this drop says it all,” she said in a statement. “In June we saw the big banks lift rates for investors. The very next month, almost half a billion dollars of investors dollars fell away. Today’s ABS figures confirm that investors are finally getting APRA’s message.”She said the difference in rates for owner-occupiers and investors varied from 0.65 percentage points to as high as 1.94.“It’s no surprise some investors are getting cold feet. If they don’t shop around they can get stung by almost 2 percentage points. That translates to $173,271 on a $350K 30-year loan” – based on a five-year interest-only period.last_img read more

Austria’s biggest pension fund ‘adds €1.5bn to economy’

first_imgVBV, Austria’s largest pension provider, adds €11m in value to the domestic economy, according to research – and this figure hits €1.5bn a year including the assets it invests in the country.Austrian economic researcher Gottfried Haber reported the figures as part of a study commissioned by the €10.4bn VBV Group, which runs both Pensionskasse and Vorsorgekasse vehicles.“As shown in our research, the added value Pensionskassen and Vorsorgekassen are creating for… Austria and the labour market is significant,” Haber said.The overall added value was derived from the value that VBV created as an Austrian-based company, the money it invested in Austrian businesses, and the additional retirement income it generated, which allowed for more consumption by pensioners. The academic research also translated the added value into jobs directly and indirectly secured by VBV: Including investments in Austrian companies, the VBV’s activities secured more than 20,000 jobs in the country.Overall, Austrian Pensionskassen currently manage around €22bn in assets. Provident funds, known as Vorsorgekassen, manage €11.5bn in total.Pension income gap estimated at €770Meanwhile, Austria’s second largest pension provider, the €9.4bn Valida Group, surveyed 2,000 employees on their retirement income outlook and found that only 13% of men and 7% of women thought they would be able to “live comfortably” from their state pension income upon retirement.The vast majority believed the money from the first pillar would be too little. All respondents had difficulties estimating the gap between the income and their needs, however.On average the ‘pension gap’ was valued at around €770 per person, per month. People between 30 and 40 had a more pessimistic estimate of over €900 a month.Information on future retirement income from the first pillar is available in Austria upon request but the service is not widely used.Martin Sardelic, chairman of the board at Valida Holding, called on the authorities to help people save in the second pillar.For years, the pension fund industry in Austria has demanded a tax exemption for additional contributions made by employees to their pension plan. At the moment employer contributions are exempt from taxes and social contributions, but employee contributions are not.Reforms in this area have been discussed by the previous government, and might have found its way into a planned tax reform – but the whole government resigned last month.last_img read more

Panama Canal to Enable Alliances’ Boxships to Swap, Substitute Booking Slots

first_imgImage Courtesy: Panama Canal AuthorityThe Panama Canal Authority (ACP) plans to allow swapping and substitution of booking slots between container vessels of members of an alliance, the ACP said in its Advisory to Shipping. Starting from December 1, 2017, swapping and substitution will be allowed on a temporary basis under the following conditions:Both vessels must be of the same type and must belong to the containership segment;Both vessels must belong to the same vessel classification (Neopanamax, super or regular);Both vessels must be transiting in the same direction. For swaps, vessels must have similar transit restrictions, and for substitutions, the new vessel must have similar or lesser transit restrictions;Both vessel operators must belong to services under the same alliance;The booking date of the vessels involved in the swap or substitution must be within the effective date of the services and of the alliance.If the request for substitution is received at least seven days in advance of the booked vessel’s required arrival, no cancellation fee will be assessed, according to the ACP.Vessels within the same alliance are permitted to swap their reserved transit slots up to five times per booking. The swapping fee to be applied will depend on the number of swaps that the vessel is involved in, the ACP said.Separately, the ACP announced it will modify the booking cancellation fees, effective October 15, 2017. The move comes due to the opening of the Expanded Panama Canal and the incorporation of Neopanamax vessels into the Transit Reservation system.last_img read more

Man jailed over rape charges

first_imgOfficers of the municipal police stationserved the warrant issued by Judge Frances Guanzon of the Regional Trial CourtBranch 62 in Bago City, Negros Occidental dated Sept. 11, 2019. The 39-year-old resident Melster Robete wasnabbed on the strength of an arrest warrant around 5 p.m. on Tuesday, a policereport showed. The suspect was detained in the lockupcell of the Pulupandan police station./PNcenter_img BACOLOD City – Charged with rape, a manwas arrested in Barangay Zone 4, Pulupandan, Negros Occidental. last_img

Cops cautions public: Beware of text scam

first_imgMalong said in an interview that peopleshould immediately report these text scammers to the police. Reporting these scams to policeauthorities would help them trace the suspects “and if they are really NPAs, wecan entrap them,” Malong said. “We hope that they will not be fooled. Imyself have also received that kind of texts,” Malong said, adding thatsuspects in this kind of scheme demand as much as P12,000. The method works as the suspect asks forprepaid e-loads and the victim sends money through remittances. ILOILO City – The Police Regional Office (PRO) 6 cautioned the public tobe wary of unidentified people demanding money through text messages, its spokespersonLieutenant Colonel Joem Malong said. In some instances, the suspectsintroduce themselves as members of the Philippine National Police, she said. Although the regional office has noavailable figure on these scammers, Malong noted they have received severalcomplaints through PRO-6’s hotline and official social media accounts. Another modus of the suspects is to usethe NPA to threaten victims to eventually give in to their requests. “For the load scam, the suspect will introducehimself or herself as a known person, usually an elected official like themayor, vice-mayor, and targets businessmen or sellers of a product,” she said. The public should also not be fooled bytext messages informing them of winning in electronic raffles. The public is advised to verify firstthe legitimacy of agencies that claim to have conducted the electronic raffle. She explained that these text scammersuse four common schemes: the load scam, electronic raffle, New People’s Army(NPA) extortion, and “budol-budol” text. Police Lieutenant Colonel Joem Malong, PRO-6 spokesperson “For example, if the electronic raffleclaimed to have been conducted by a radio or television station, we have toconnect first with the station to know if it is real or not,” she said. “Scammers using this scheme, ask thevictims to send money or directly give one’s property to save the familymember,” she said. “Budol-budol” is when the suspects callsomeone to tell him/her that a member of the victim’s family was involved in anaccident and needs immediate medical attention. Malong said the best way not to bevictimized by the scammers is to ignore these text messages, do not confirm ordeny one’s identity, and avoid disclosing information through cellphones. (With areport from PNA/PN)last_img read more

Heads Up Football

first_imgAfter all the hype that the NFL put on head injuries in football, the different levels of participation in sports have put in place a very sound system of preventing such injuries in the future.  Instead of trying to re-invent football and similar contact sports, they are now training coaches how to teach the young athletes the proper way to tackle and/or avoid contact that can cause head injuries.Data analysis for all sports injuries has led to some great preventative research.  The Indianapolis Star reported that concussions alone are down 34% during practice and 29% in games.  This data was compiled from more than 50% of those athletes participating in some form of contact sport.  It sure makes a lot more sense to teach the right way to do things rather than to figure out what to do with individuals after they have suffered a severe concussion.  Let’s hope that in 10 years we are not worrying about compensation for athletes who are non-functional from having suffered too many concussions.last_img read more

Lindelof named Sweden’s best player

first_imgRelatedPosts Manchester United defender tackles thief in Sweden Greenwood rescues point for United Lindelof pens new Man U deal until 2024 Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof has been named Sweden’s best player for the second successive year after impressing for his country.  Lindelof, 25, has retained the title after helping Sweden close in on a place at next summer’s European Championship.Sweden are second in Group F in European Championship qualifying and are assured of a Playoff place if they fail to finish inside the top two.The former Benfica man is only the second player to win it after Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s domination when the former Paris-Saint Germain star won it 10 times in a row from 2007 to 2016.Andreas Granqvist won it in 2017 before Lindelof won it in 2018 and now 2019.Lindelof, speaking to TV4, said of winning the award: “I am proud and grateful to have received this award two years in a row. It means that I have done something good and that people have liked it.“It is hard to explain. I am very happy and proud. Now it will be even more hard work, I have many years left in my career and may be able to take home some more.“As a player, you don’t go around thinking about it, you just do the best for your team, then you become happy when they call and announce that you’ve got the prize. It means a lot.” Tags: Victor Lindeloflast_img read more