Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Rivero fights off tears to spark La Salle comeback Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ View comments UFC president Dana White, center, intervenes as boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., left, and mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor exchange words during a news conference at Staples Center Tuesday, July 11, 2017, in Los Angeles. AP/Jae C. Hong Only a handful of professional fighters truly become wealthy at the end of their careers, and Conor McGregor may have earned enough for multiple lifetimes.Three months removed from his monumental crossover boxing match against Floyd Mayweather, the UFC Lightweight Champion has yet to return to his promotion and defend his belt.ADVERTISEMENT After initially suspecting in July that the Irish sensation may never fight again after such a hefty payday, UFC President Dana White once again echoed his sentiments regarding the future of arguably his most popular fighter.READ: McGregor ‘might never fight again’ after boxing bout, says UFC headFEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk“Listen … Conor might never fight again. The guy’s got a f**king hundred million dollars,” White was quoted as saying in an MMA Fighting report.“These guys make money and that’s it. Fighting is the worst. Try to get up and get punched in the face every day when you’ve got $100 million in the bank,” he said. “Money changes everything for a lot of people.” Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson His bold statement comes after McGregor was reportedly involved in a bar fight in Ireland.Earlier this month, McGregor also grabbed headlines for his unruly conduct during a Bellator event.“He’s a young, rich kid who is a god in Ireland,” White said. “That’s not the healthiest environment either. It’s all part of it. I don’t know if you guys remember in the very beginning with Jon Jones,” he said.“There’s no doubt the talent was there. I used to go, ‘The guy is talented, but he’s young, he’s rich, he’s the king of the world now. Hopefully he can keep it together.’ That was way before the crazy sh*t started to happen. And there it is. It happens.” Khristian Ibarrola /raADVERTISEMENT Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales?
Associate Magistrate WarnsA journalist now serving as a magistrate of the Brewerville Magisterial Court has advised employees of the judiciary who are in the constant habit of sneaking sensitive court documents out of judges’ offices to either desist from the practice, or they would face the full weight of the law if caught in the act.Associate Magistrate Falllah J. Matthews said stealing judges’ judgments and exposing them to the parties before they are delivered constitutes a clear violation of confidentiality, which he described as ‘evil.’ He questioned the transparency of the country’s courts if such practices are being condoned. “I am going to ensure that those engaged in such habits are held accountable and dealt with as provided by our laws,” Magistrate Matthews said.Matthews made the statement recently when he took over as Associate Magistrate of the Brewerville Magisterial Court, outside of Monrovia. He was a former judicial correspondent for the Liberia Broadcasting Corporation assigned at the Temple of Justice in Monrovia.“Violation of judges’ confidentiality by stealing their rulings and linking of court documents to the public are the two evils permeating our court system, and that needs to be stopped,” the Brewerville Associate Magistrate declared. “I am very sure same will not surface in this court.”Matthews said in most instances, before a judge delivered his or her ruling, the contents had already been leaked to the public, which behavior, he said, is undermining efforts of the judiciary.“If this happens in our court, we are going to hold people entrusted with court documents responsible for the consequences,” Matthews warned.He meanwhile pledged his commitment to dispense justice in line with the dictates of the laws of Liberia.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Cross-section of the people at Friday’s dedicatory ceremony.1,245 students to benefitThe Kids’ Educational Engagement Project (KEEP), a nonprofit national organization on Friday, September 14, 2019, dedicated a reading room at the Nyakoi Bee Public School in Palala, Panta-Kpaai District, Bong County. The estimated cost of the reading room project was US$20,682.Since its formation in 2014, KEEP has established 15 reading rooms in seven of the 15 counties to promote the culture of reading through the establishment of safe reading spaces for primary students.At the dedicatory ceremony on the school’s campus, the principal, Mrs. Rose Wreh, praised KEEP for the initiative directed to the school and in the Palala community.Mrs. Wreh described the initiative as the first of its kind for Nyakoi Bee Public school. She said the reading program is to develop reading skills for the students.At the ceremony, which was well attended by local officials, including County Education Officers, representatives from the office of the District Commissioner, and the general town chief. Others were members of Nyakoi Bee Public school administration, the Parent-Teacher-Association (PTA), women and youth leaders to the extent that the school management and the locals showed their excitement to KEEP for selecting the school for such a “wonderful” project.About 1,245 students will benefit from the new facility, and that number is expected to increase when students attending nearby schools intend to make use of facility.Bong County Chief Education Officer, Armand N. Varvley, congratulated KEEP, while describing them as a true partner to the Ministry of Education. Varvley called on the students to take responsibility of the reading room.“The facility is for you, so please make the better use of it. Reading is light and the facility is not established to beautify the campus or for them. Make it as their new office for the students to use it,” he said.Mr. Varvley called on everyone in the community to be the security for the facility by keeping watch. He also called on KEEP to extend its endeavors to other parts of the county for others to benefit like those in Palala.KEEP executive director, Brenda B. Moore, said the entity continues to make reading its core objective, because the children need to learn how to read effectively.“Reading has been a challenge for our children, so we are establishing reading rooms to develop the culture of reading in our children. There is no field in education that does not require reading,” Mrs. Moore said, as she encouraged the parents and teachers to take advantage of the opportunity to also teach their children.“The KEEP reading room is opened to the students. Most of the books in the reading room are primary readers, which the students will enjoy reading. This is why KEEP’s programs are in stages, which every community with a reading room stands to benefit from. “The establishment of reading rooms is the first stage,” she said.Mrs. Moore said other stages will follow based on how the first stage is utilized. She challenged the community to pave the way for the other stages.KEEP’s goal is to support the MoE through its policy to strengthening primary education. “Thanks to the Global neighborhood Fund for the support.”KEEP Board Chair Mrs. Chantal Doe, called on the parents to encourage their children to make the best use of facility every day.“Education is reading. Help the staff to help the children use the materials in the reading room carefully,” Mrs. Doe said.Mrs. Doe called on Mr. Varvley to ensure a proper monitoring measures are put into place for the efficient and effective use of the reading room.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Twenty-five-year-old Kacey Prince of Lot 753 ‘B’ Field, South Sophia Georgetown is accused of having had in his possession, on July 17th last, one Taurus .32 revolver without being a licensed firearm holder.Appearing on Friday before City Magistrate Leron Daly with Attorney-at-Law Dexter Todd as his legal counsel, Prince pleaded not guilty to the charge.According to the prosecutor, a sting operation was carried out in the Sophia area on July 17th, and the said firearm was found beside Prince on the back seat of a vehicle that was intercepted by Police. Two other occupants of the said vehicle denied having knowledge of the firearm which was found beside Prince.Defence Counsel Todd, in a bail application, told the court that all the facts presented by the prosecution were true and correct, except that the weapon was found in the front passenger seat of the vehicle. Todd contended that his client was not even seated in the car, but was merely standing at the door.According to Todd, the driver of the vehicle is known to Prince, and he had stopped to inquire about a job he wanted Prince to undertake when Police intercepted the vehicle.The prosecutor objected to Prince being placed on bail, citing the serious nature of the offence for which he was charged. Bail was refused, and the case will continue on August 24.
SHAWINIGAN, QUE. – Sterling Middleton and Team B.C. improved to 5-1 on Day Three of the New Holland Canadian Curling Junior Championships.B.C. survived Team New Brunswick this morning by the score of 5-3 and are coming off a nail-biter on Monday with Team Quebec that went into the eleventh end where the team scored two to win 9-7.Team B.C. just finished a clash with previously undefeated Team Manitoba and were victorious 5-4 to claim the top spot in Pool A. The top three teams from each pool advance to the playoff round.- Advertisement –
The Peace River Regional District is looking for a Peace Region resident to represent rural landowners in the area. The individual would sit on the ‘Farmers’ Advocate Management Committee’ with representatives from the PRRD, the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Lands. The committee’s job will be to voice oil and gas development concerns on behalf of rural landowners’. – Advertisement -The PRRD is looking for someone that is knowledgeable about agriculture, landowner rights, as well as oil and gas development in Northeast BC. The volunteer position will last from mid-February 2010 until September 2011. For more information on the position, click on the attachment below.
The Centre also hosted a sold-out Spotlight 2010 show which showcased five local singer/songwriters. The local artists were Tom Cole, Randy Gee, Dayna Manning, Ryan Hennessy and Mat Savard.Hampton says she hopes the Spotlight show will become an annual event. Photo: Artists from around Fort St. John performed at the first-ever Spotlight 2010 show at the North Peace Cultural Centre./Kimberley MolinaThe 2010-2011 season at the Fort St. John Cultural Centre will be full of big names and even bigger talent.- Advertisement -On Friday, Bettyanne Hampton, the Centre’s executive director, announced a slew of artists that would be coming to perform at the Centre.Hampton says the artists were specially selected for the upcoming season because of their outstanding performances.[asset|aid=3156|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=333c9e36c07f2fec8889687d439c6f2d-Bettyanne Hampton 1_1_Pub.mp3] Some of the artists that will be performing at the Centre will include Sarah Hagen on Oct.2, Doc Walker on Oct. 21 and Ashley Macisaac on Jan. 21.Advertisement
CHINO – Nate Ambrosio’s shot bounced off the rim and fell harmlessly into the arms of an opposing defender, who cradled the basketball until the last seconds disappeared off the clock. Photo Gallery: Don Lugo High School vs. Crescenta Valley Ambrosio’s face crinkled in disbelief. His Don Lugo teammates reacted with a mixture of shock and disappointment. This wasn’t the ending that nine Conquistadores seniors had in mind. Don Lugo fell 58-55 to Crescenta Valley of La Crescenta on Wednesday night in a CIF-Southern Section Division II-AA wild-card game. The home team held a nine-point lead late in the third quarter, but watched it slip away by the middle of the fourth quarter. Everything the Conquistadores did right in the first 22 minutes of the game was undone in the final 10. “We got away from our game, and the game got away from us,” Don Lugo coach Hue Hollins said woefully. It pained Hollins and his players to know that they could have – and probably should have – won the game. Don Lugo (11-18) wasn’t going to make the playoffs, but won a tiebreaker game against Montclair for the Mt. Baldy League’s final postseason berth Friday to secure its first playoff appearance in three years. That momentum was supposed to carry over into a home game against the Falcons (14-15), where the senior-heavy Conquistadores could have at least one last hurrah before facing hungry fourth-seed Temecula Valley. “We should have beaten this team,” Hollins said. “Our records were almost even, but this was at home – and you have to take care of your business at home. “It’s a tough way for the seniors to go out, to be this close. But we got away from our game, and you can’t do that.” For most of the first three quarters, Crescenta Valley looked confused. Don Lugo’s defenders double-teamed Falcon ballhandlers, and created 27 turnovers in the process. But only three of those came in the fourth quarter and in the crucial part of the game. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
During a Spain training session, Santi Cazorla took aim at Iker Casillas’ goal and fired past the Real Madrid goalkeeper.It was a great goal, but the two could be seeing a lot more of each other according to recent transfer rumours.Casillas has been linked with a move to Arsenal in previous months and Man United goalie David De Gea said to be top of the European champions’ shopping list to replace the Spain captain.In the meantime, let’s just marvel at Cazorla’s goal.
This week, the former Manchester City and West Ham midfielder Steve Lomas joins Tom Rennie to look ahead to the Manchester derby between United and City on Sunday. It’s a match that Steve thinks City may struggle in, having watched them lose at Crystal Palace for talkSPORT on Monday.Elsewhere, the former Premier League defender Chris Perry (Tottenham, Southampton, Wimbledon) looks ahead to a big weekend down the bottom of the table including the return of his former team-mate Tim Sherwood to White Hart Lane with Aston Villa.Alan Brazil picks his three to watch this weekend and Alvaro Romeo, talkSPORT’s Spanish editor, plays the predictor game ‘Tom against the World’.