Neymar vows to continue showboating despite criticism

first_imgBarcelona and Brazil forward Neymar has said he will continue to show off his skills on the pitch even if his showboating upsets opponents.The forward had to be substituted during Brazil’s 5-0 win over Bolivia last week after being elbowed in the face by Yasmani Duk having attempted to pass the ball through the striker’s legs.Despite being left with a bloodied face, and Duk saying after the game that Neymar had to learn how to “respect his opponents”, the Brazilian remains unapologetic for his style of play.”I’m definitely not going to change, players have to know that when they face me that I have my own way of playing and that is dribbling, scoring goals and helping my team mates,” Neymar said on Thursday.”I’m happy playing that way and if they don’t like it there’s nothing I can do.”Neymar’s ostentatious playing style has also come under scrutiny at club level.The Barcelona forward upset Leganes player Lluis Sastre, who kicked out at the Brazilian for showboating during the Catalans’ 5-1 victory last month.”They can kick me and elbow me, but not every player in the world can dribble, that is getting harder and harder to do,” Neymar added.Barca are set to welcome back talisman Lionel Messi from injury on Saturday against Deportivo La Coruna, meaning a reunion for the lethal ‘MSN’ attacking trident that also features Neymar and Luis Suarez.The trio scored a record 131 goals in all competitions last season but have had limited opportunities this campaign, with injuries and rotations meaning they have started just three games together.advertisement”We know that we are making history and that together we are all stronger,” Neymar said.”The magic of the trident is in the friendship we have on and off the pitch. We always help each other out.”last_img read more

Madras HC notice to ASI authorities over plea on excavations

first_imgMadurai, July 17 (PTI) The Madras High Court today sought the stands of the commissioner of the Archaeological Survey of India and others on a plea for setting up a museum for antiquities unearthed from Adhichanallur excavation site in Tuticorin district since 2004.A Madurai bench of the high court sought the stands of the ASI Commissioner, Chennai, the Bengaluru superintending archaeologist and the Tamil Nadu Archaeological Department commissioner also by August 2, the next date for the hearing.On a plea by by one S Kamaraj, a historian, the division bench of justices K K Sasidharan and G R Swaminathan also issued notices to the principal secretary for archaeology education, and Tamil Nadus Youth welfare and Sports Development Department. In his petition, Kamaraj submitted that after a gap of about 100 years, the fourth phase of excavations were carried out at the site in 2004, where an extraordinary large burial site spread over 114 acres, besides habitation sites were discovered.Urns with Tamil Brahmi scripts (100-200 BC), iron weapons and bronze utensils too were unearthed, he said. However, he said, no report had been published so far with regard to the excavation, which was discontinued though the site was more than 3,500 years old and could throw a lot of light on ancient Tamil culture.The petitioner submitted that in 1876, during the first excavation, 5,872 objects were unearthed by a German, Dr Jagor and later a British national unearthed 5,800 objects, all of which had been taken to Chennai.As per the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act, the officials should have continued the excavation and submitted a report, he claimed.Though many had written about the ASI site and sought publication of a report by the ASI, no action had been taken so far, he alleged.Hence, he prayed the court to intervene and direct the ASI to resume the excavation and display the objects unearthed in a museum. PTI SSN ROH APR RAX DKlast_img read more

State govt to provide freehold land rights to Wipro on New Town

first_imgKolkata: The state government has decided to provide freehold land rights to IT major Wipro on its 50-acre plot in New Town. The plot has been leased out to Wipro for 99 years.It has also been learnt that the state government will allow Wipro to use 49 percent of the land for non-IT purposes. The concessions will be given to Wipro for setting up the company’s second campus in the city. The state government has also decided to offer a host of benefits to the company, to compensate for the tax concessions that one gets under Special Economic Zone (SEZ) grounds. The state government has also offered free holding right to the company so that it can develop facilities of its choice. The company’s initial proposal says that the second campus of Wipro is likely to create around 18,000 additional jobs. At present there are around 7,500 people working at the first campus that came up on 25 acres in Salt Lake’s Sector V as an SEZ in 2005, during the Left Front regime. It may be mentioned here that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, while addressing the ‘Save Green Stay Clean’ event in Nazrul Mancha on August 1, had announced that the company has agreed to operate its second campus on a 50-acre plot in the Silicon Valley IT Hub in New Town, with an investment of Rs 500 crore.last_img read more