Though her first marriage didn’t work out, Adams hasn’t closed herself off to the possibility of finding The One — again. While meeting her lucky suitors, the former Bachelor contestant admitted it wasn’t difficult to be honest about her divorce.Tayshia Adams’ ex-husband, Josh Bourelle. Courtesy D&J Roofing Inc./Instagram“It’s not hard at all [to talk about] because it’s definitely something that I’ve experienced in the past and it led me to today,” she told Us. “But I don’t want it to define me because it doesn’t define me. It’s just something that I grew from and I learned from.”In a dramatic new Bachelorette teaser, Adams told the men vying for her heart that she was ready to “really dive in deep and find my life partner” after getting “married and divorced at a really young age.” Speaking directly to the camera, Adams later admitted through tears that “the fear of divorce” would always haunt her.- Advertisement – Not looking back! Tayshia Adams‘ divorce from ex-husband Josh Bourelle might play a big role in her dramatic turn on The Bachelorette, but she’s still on “cloud nine.”The 30-year-old California native dished about her journey on season 16 of the ABC dating series following Clare Crawley‘s engagement to Dale Moss during the Thursday, November 5, episode. As she prepared to make her highly-anticipated debut at La Quinta Resort & Club in Palm Springs, California, Adams revealed that she didn’t hear from Bachelor Nation exes Colton Underwood and John Paul Jones — or from Bourelle.Tayshia Adams on ‘The Bachelorette’. ABC- Advertisement – Despite her reservations about pursuing another engagement, the Bachelor in Paradise alum was able to use her past experience to help guide her to her perfect match.“Having been married before, I feel like … I’m not just going to do anything just to do something. I’m not going to do it because I feel like I need to or do this and that. I’m going to do it because it’s the right thing to do, and I’m excited and happy,” she told Us. “If it were to happen, it’d be with the right sentiment.”The Bachelorette airs on ABC Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET.Listen to Here For the Right Reasons to get inside scoop about the Bachelor franchise and exclusive interviews from contestants “Just let a girl live,” she teased while speaking with Us Weekly exclusively on Monday, November 9.Adams and the roofing contractor were together for six years before they tied the knot in February 2016. After less than two years of marriage, Bourelle filed for divorce in October 2017. The former phlebotomist later had her maiden name restored after finalizing her divorce in November 2017. Earlier this year, the reality TV star opened up about trying to salvage her marriage before finally calling it quits.“When things were getting really bad, we were like, OK, we need to go see a counselor,” Adams recalled during an October episode of the “Click Bait” podcast. “Actually, that was my doing, because I knew I needed to do absolutely everything in order to know that was the end of the road. … At that point, you kind of walk through some things and you try as hard as you can, but you can’t force someone to love you.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced on Tuesday a nationwide ban on this year’s mudik. Previously, his administration had only advised the public to avoid the tradition this year, stopping short of an outright ban.He announced the ban after reading a Transportation Ministry survey that found that 24 percent of the country’s 270 million people still planned to leave for their hometowns and that 7 percent had already left.Read also: MUI: ‘Mudik’ from virus-affected areas ‘haram’About 20 million people from Greater Jakarta return to their hometowns annually to celebrate Idul Fitri in the tradition of mudik. The expected volume of travelers had previously raised concerns of wider contagion. Public health experts said it could cause the coronavirus to spread on a massive scale across Java. Jakarta and its satellite cities are among the hardest-hit areas in Indonesia. The capital itself is the national epicenter of the virus.Without the mudik ban, a number of people would have unknowingly carried the virus to their hometowns, Slamet said, which could have created a second wave of the disease.“Jakarta might have eventually flattened the curve, but [if mudik were not banned] the outbreak epicenters would have shifted to villages,” he said.As of Wednesday, Indonesia had confirmed 7,418 cases of COVID-19 with 635 deaths. Of those, Jakarta had reported 3,383 cases and 301 deaths, nearly half the country’s cases.Critics, however, have said that Jokowi’s mudik ban came too late as thousands of people had been returning to their hometowns since late last month. (aly) Topics : The central government’s ban on the Idul Fitri tradition of mudik (exodus) is likely to help break the chain of COVID-19 contagion in the country and may cause the nation’s outbreak to end in June, according to the Indonesian Doctors Association (IDI).IDI deputy chairman Slamet Budiarto said the mudik (exodus) ban, coupled with the extension of large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) currently in place in virus-plagued areas, would help clamp down on COVID-19 transmission.”With the mudik ban and extended PSBB, I predict the [nation’s outbreak] may end in June,” Slamet said as quoted by tempo.co on Tuesday.
“Ultimately we aim to make a vaccine that will not only protect from SARS-CoV-2, but also other related coronaviruses that may spill over from animals to humans.”No vaccine against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus which causes COVID-19 has yet been proven clinically effective, though 30 that use a range of technologies are in human trials already.The Cambridge candidate, DIOS-CoVax2, is DNA based. Computer-generated antigen structures are encoded by synthetic genes, which can then re-programme the body’s immune system to produce antibodies against the coronavirus.This DNA vector method has been shown to be safe and effective at stimulating an immune response in other pathogens in early stage trials, the university said. The University of Cambridge is aiming to start clinical trials of its possible coronavirus vaccine in the autumn after it received 1.9 million pounds ($2.5 million) in funding from the British government, the university said on Wednesday.The scientists behind the vaccine said their approach, which uses genetic sequences of all known coronaviruses to hone the immune response, could help avoid the adverse effects of a hyper-inflammatory immune response.”We’re looking for chinks in its armor, crucial pieces of the virus that we can use to construct the vaccine to direct the immune response in the right direction,” Jonathan Heeney, head of the Laboratory of Viral Zoonotics at the University of Cambridge, said. Topics : Although it is operating at a later timetable than some other vaccine candidates, the DIOS-CoVax2 shot would not need to be stored at cold temperatures and could be delivered without needles, possibly making the widespread distribution of the vaccine easier.”This could be a major breakthrough in being able to give a future vaccine to huge numbers of people across the world,” said Saul Faust, Director of the NIHR Southampton Clinical Research Facility.
Sharing is caring! Share Tweet 33 Views no discussions LifestyleTravel JetBlue celebrates its first flights to US Virgin Islands by: – December 13, 2011 Photo credit: leeloveshotttrends.comSAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — JetBlue Airways, Puerto Rico’s largest carrier, on Monday celebrated inaugural service to the US Virgin Islands with twice-daily flights between San Juan’s Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU) and St Thomas International Airport (STT) and once-daily flights between San Juan and St Croix International Airport (STX).The carrier’s network now boasts 70 destinations across the US, Latin America and the Caribbean, including 11 destinations served nonstop from San Juan. To celebrate, flights are on sale through December 31, 2011 for as low as $39 for travel January 5 – February 15, 2012. What’s more, for customers looking for an entire vacation package experience, complete with air, hotel, wheels and more, JetBlue Getaways is offering $100 off any vacation for bookings made by December 31, 2011. “Since our inaugural service to the Commonwealth nearly a decade ago, Puerto Ricans have consistently made JetBlue their carrier of choice,” said Scott Laurence, vice president of network planning. “It is thanks to their loyal support we’ve been able to maintain steady growth on the island, adding even more destinations for visitors and residents of Puerto Rico alike. We are pleased to add this newest service to the beautiful US Virgin Islands.” “We’ve worked diligently at the Department of Economic Development and Commerce to transform flight access to the region, and JetBlue’s new service is a direct result of this stratagem,” said Jose R. Perez-Riera, Secretary of the Department of Economic Development and Commerce. “It’s key to Puerto Rico’s economic development that we have the support of a renowned airline like JetBlue, which continues to expand. The carrier’s growing presence is central for overall air traffic growth in Puerto Rico.” “On behalf of the people and government of the US Virgin Islands, we are delighted to welcome JetBlue to the Territory,” said US Virgin Islands Commissioner of Tourism, Beverly Nicholson-Doty. “The added capacity created by this new JetBlue service to both St Croix and St Thomas will allow us to maximize the inbound market from Puerto Rico, market to potential visitors connecting through San Juan and provide a new option for Virgin Islanders traveling to Puerto Rico and abroad,” she said. “This additional airlift, estimated to bring over 70,000 passengers a year, strengthens Puerto Rico as the hub of the Caribbean region. The added service to both St Croix and St Thomas will allow us to maximize the market potential as the US Virgin Islands are our top source of passengers from the Caribbean,” said Mario Gonzalez Lafuente, executive director of the Puerto Rico Tourism Company. “It will be an economic boost to important inbound tourism segments such as corporate, leisure, medical, entertainment, groups and conventions among others.”Caribbean News Now Share Share
Senior cornerback/safety Josh Shaw proved deserving of his title of co-captain this weekend, but at quite a cost.Just hours after being named one of six team captains at the annual Salute to Troy on Saturday night, Shaw sidelined himself indefinitely by sustaining two high ankle sprains.The Palmdale, California native was attending a family function at his cousin’s apartment when he saw his 7-year-old nephew Carter struggling in the pool, unable to swim. Shaw jumped down from a second-story balcony and landed on the concrete, spraining both of his ankles before crawling into the pool and dragging his nephew out.Shaw, who transferred to USC from Florida in 2012, remained humble about the event and positive about the rehabilitation process that lies ahead.“I would do it again for whatever kid it was, it did not have to be my nephew,” Shaw told USCTrojans.com. “My ankles really hurt, but I am lucky to be surrounded by the best trainers and doctors in the world. I am taking my rehab one day at a time, and I hope to be back on the field soon.”Despite being disappointed about losing Shaw indefinitely, USC head coach Steve Sarkisian praised Shaw’s character.“That was a heroic act by Josh, putting his personal safety aside,” Sarkisian said. “But that’s the kind of person he is. It is unfortunate that he’ll be sidelined for a while and we will miss his leadership and play, but I know he’ll be working hard to get back on the field as soon as possible.”Indeed, the Trojans will miss the versatile defensive back. In 14 games last year, Shaw recorded 67 total tackles and four interceptions. High ankle sprains typically take around six weeks to heal.Shaw has been open about dealing with adversity in the past. At USC’s student-athlete graduation in May, Shaw told the story of transferring to USC to be closer to his ailing grandfather and to help with the family business.“Life doesn’t always work out the way you planned,” Shaw said. “When and perhaps if you are met with challenges, my fellow graduates, don’t give up. Never accept no for an answer, for we are Trojans.”
Speaking on behalf of the industry, the Accommodation Association of Australia (AAA) said the introduction of new fees on hotels and other accommodation businesses in the state is “disturbing”, particularly given that it is likely “to hurt tourism, not benefit it”. The latest ABS statistics found SA’s hospitality industry is already experiencing a decline in business, with occupancy dropping three percent compared to last year. He said the Association will oppose the bed tax, and has called parties in the next state election “abandon any thoughts of pursuing a bed tax”. Tourism businesses oppose a bedtax on hospitality industry. “Operators of accommodation businesses have in the past and will continue to voluntarily contribute funds towards cooperative marketing efforts, but the industry does not support mandatory payments in the form of a bed tax,” he added. A bed tax will make things tougher in an already struggling industry, according to tourism leaders in South Australia. “A bed tax would make things even tougher for accommodation businesses and with our industry being a major employer in SA, it would result in significant job losses,” AAA chief executive Richard Munro explained.