AFTER two years of success, defending Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association girls champions Edwin Allen High will be hoping to make it three in March, and following his team’s opening at Saturday’s Purewater JC Invitational Michael Dyke is predicting just that. “I am extremely pleased with the overall performance,” said an upbeat Dyke. Despite losing two of his top Class One throwers – Janelle Fullerton, who transferred to St Jago, and Paul Ann Gayle, who has gone overseas – Dyke is not deterred. “It would have been good to have them back in the team, but their departure will not affect the performance as other girls in their shadows over the years have stepped up,” he said. Saturday was an indicator of this as Bristol O’Connor threw 43.72 metres to finish behind Fullerton, who won with the Class One discus in 47.54m. The defending champions had a solid start in the middle and long distance events where they had top three finishes in all classes. Dyke singled out the performance of young Cemore Donald, who clocked the fastest time of all three classes (2:19.30), to win the Class Three 800m. “Cemore is the defending champion at Champs and what she did was awesome and I am confident that she is going to break the record at Champs,” said Dyke. Over the last three years Edwin Allen’s jumpers have been the most impressive at Champs. Dyke thinks his rivals are doomed again this year. “Our jumpers were of high standard on Saturday and nothing will change for the remainder of the season.” The only members of this team yet to taste success are in Class Four, but Dyke is unconcerned about the present crop. “Despite this going to be their first time competing I think the group is much stronger than last year,” he said. Dyke could be right as the Class Four girls dominated the 100 metres. Bethany Bridge led the way with 11.99 seconds. Patrece Clarke (12.51), Selieci Myles (12.66), and Jessica McLean (12.71) finished in the top eight overall.
Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope: Great to be backby Chris Beattie10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBurnley goalkeeper Nick Pope is back in action after recovering from shoulder surgery.Pope played in his first match since dislocating his shoulder in July after turning out for the club’s under-23s on Monday.The 26-year-old played the full 90 minutes of an away clash against Sheffield United, which the Clarets won 3-1.Pope made his England debut in early June and was part of the Three Lions squad for the World Cup in Russia.He said: “It was great to be back, it’s been a long injury spell for myself but to get back and play a real game and 90 minutes was great.“I try to help out where I can, I remember playing those sorts of games when I was their age.“So, it was good to be one of the experienced ones there today, I think that’s part of the experience and part of my job to step down and help the younger lads out.” About the authorChris BeattieShare the loveHave your say
Melchiot tells Chelsea striker Abraham: Get nasty like Drogba!by Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveTammy Abraham needs to develop a nasty streak like former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba. That is according to ex-Blues defender Mario Melchiot.Abraham has already proven his goalscoring chops, having blasted in seven this season. But Melchiot thinks his game can reach another level.”Tammy Abraham is a real finisher but, as much as I like him as a player, he’s sometimes got to be more of a bad boy,” Melchiot told talkSPORT.”You know why? When you play against players like Virgil van Dijk, the striker has to have a bit of badness in him. A bit of nastiness.”OK, look at the guys I played against, like Ryan Giggs. He was so elegant, he dribbled beautifully, but trust me, if I kicked him he would have got up and either kicked me back or found a way to do it – he was one of the best players I played against.”Tammy needs that too. As cute as he looks, he’s young, fresh and exciting to watch, he needs to have that.”If you look at Drogba, [Jimmy Floyd] Hasselbaink, these guys weren’t cute when you played against them.”Be a little bit of a bad boy! Bring that badness out of you!” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
WASHINGTON – The combined effect of President Donald Trump’s tax cuts and last month’s budget-busting spending bill is sending the federal deficit toward the $1 trillion mark next year, according to a new analysis by the Congressional Budget Office.The CBO report says the nation’s $21 trillion debt would spike to more than $33 trillion in 10 years, with debt held by investors spiking to levels that would come close to equaling the size of the economy, reaching levels that many economists fear could spark a debt crisis.Republicans once laced into President Barack Obama for trillion-dollar-plus deficits but mostly fell quiet on Monday’s news.CBO says economic growth from the tax cuts will add 0.7 per cent on average to the nation’s economic output over the coming decade. Those effects will only partially offset the deficit cost of the tax cuts. The administration had promised the cuts would pay for themselves.Instead, Monday’s report estimates that the GOP tax bill, which is Republican-controlled Washington’s signature accomplishment under Trump, will add $1.8 trillion to the deficit over the coming decade, even after its positive effects on the economy are factored in.The economic growth promises to drop the nationwide unemployment rate below 4 per cent starting this year, CBO predicts, though interest rates would rise more rapidly than the agency had earlier predicted, countering some of the positive economic impact of the tax cuts.The report paints an unrelentingly bleak picture of the federal deficit, predicting it will hit $804 billion this year, rise to just under $1 trillion for the upcoming budget year and permanently breach the $1 trillion mark in 2020 unless Congress stems the burst of red ink.The government would borrow about 19 cents of every dollar it spends this year. Deficits would grow to $1.5 trillion by 2028 — and could exceed $2 trillion if the tax cuts are fully extended and if Washington doesn’t cut spending.“Such high and rising debt would have serious negative consequences for the budget and the nation,” said CBO Director Keith Hall. “In particular, the likelihood of a fiscal crisis in the United States would increase.”Republicans controlling Washington have largely lost interest in taking on the deficit, an issue that has fallen in prominence in recent years. Trump has ruled out cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and Capitol Hill Republicans have failed to take steps against the deficit since Trump took office.But if warnings of a future fiscal crisis turn out to be true, lawmakers might be forced to take painful steps, Hall warned, that would be more draconian than if they tackled the deficit now.With conservatives complaining about the $1.3 trillion catchall spending bill — which blew through previous budget limits by $300 billion over this year and next — House GOP leaders have scheduled a vote this week on a proposed amendment to the Constitution to require a balanced federal budget. The vote is sure to fall well short of the two-thirds required to pass and is being rushed to a vote without hearings or committee debate.“The CBO’s latest report exposes the scam behind the rosy rhetoric from Republicans that their tax bill would pay for itself,” said top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer of New York. “The American people deserve a Congress that is focused squarely on helping the middle class, not patronizing Kabuki theatre — like sham ‘balanced budget’ votes — from Republicans who blew up the deficit to benefit wealthy special interests.”The White House is also likely to propose rolling back some of the spending increases in the government-wide funding bill, targeting domestic programs backed by Democrats, but the idea isn’t gaining much traction on Capitol Hill.“It’s going nowhere,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. “We made a deal.”Republicans are unlikely to pass even a nonbinding budget blueprint, instead opting to take a pause in the heat of election season.“Without question, we have challenging work ahead,” said House Budget Committee Chairman Steve Womack, R-Ark., who promised he will be “working with my colleagues in the days ahead to craft a responsible budget plan.”Many economists believe that if deficits continue to rise and the national debt grows, government borrowing will “crowd out” private lending and force up interest rates. And if interest rates go up, the government will have to pay much more to finance the more than $14 trillion in Treasury debt held by investors.Last year’s deficit registered $665 billion, which was well below the record $1.4 trillion posted during Obama’s first year in office, when the Great Recession led to plunging revenues and a spike in spending. The deficit settled below $500 million for part of Obama’s second term but has steadily risen since then.The new report predicts the economy will grow by 3.3 per cent this year but that gross domestic product growth will drop to 1.8 per cent by 2020. It warns that interest rates on government borrowing will spike, with the benchmark 10-year Treasury note, currently yielding 2.8 per cent, will average a 3.0 per cent interest rate this year and 3.7 per cent next year.“We expect interest rates to accelerate faster,” said CBO’s Hall.
New Delhi: Delhi Police is probing all relevant angles in the daylight robbery case where a Chandni Chowk-based businessman and his son were robbed at gunpoint near a crowded fruit market in Pitampura, according to police officials.When asked whether the robbery could have been pre-planned, police said they are not ruling out any possibility. The robbery, which seemed to be planned in advance took place around 7 pm, when the victims, Vinod Garg and his son Varun were on their way back home from their shop in Naya Bazar with Rs 1.4 crore in cash. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderAccording to a complaint registered by Varun, a bike overtook them around 7pm and stopped in front of their car, following which the pillion rider got off and asked for the bag of money from Varun, who was driving with the window rolled down. When he claimed to not know what he was talking about, the accused pointed a gun at Varun through the window and demanded the cash. Varun added that in the meantime, two men on another bike arrived at the scene and asked both him and his father to get out of the car. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsAfraid for their lives, both victims followed what they were told and got out of the vehicle. By the time Varun called the police and crime teams reached the spot, one of the accused had driven off in his car and the rest had fled the scene on their motorcycles. The incident took place on a busy street near a local fruit market. Police later recovered the victim’s car, which was abandoned by the accused at a nearby spot. While registering the complaint at the Rani Bagh police station, Varun said he will be able to identify his alleged assailants if shown photographs. Police are also reviewing CCTV footage from the area. In addition to the team from Rani Bagh police station, special staff in the district and some crime branch officials are also involved in the investigations. A case against the accused assailants has been registered at the Rani Bagh police station under sections 392/397/34 of the Indian Penal Code.
New Delhi: Funds received by startups from accredited investors may be exempted from angel tax subject to complying with certain net worth criteria, an official said. This provision is considered by the government as part of an exercise to define ‘accredited investors’ with a view to increase investment flow in startups. The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is working on the definition, which would be submitted to the finance ministry for approval. Also Read – Commercial vehicle sales to remain subdued in current fiscal: Icra”Accredited or genuine investors can invest any amount but we will make some criteria for that. It should be liberal enough so that all such people can come under its purview. But it should not be over liberal and extra-stringent,” the official said. “How much a genuine investor is investing per year would depend on his/her net worth. For example, if you invest Rs 2 crore, then the net worth should be 10 times of that. There should be a linkage between investments and investors’ net worth and certain income should be there,” the official added. Also Read – Ashok Leyland stock tanks over 5 pc as co plans to suspend production for up to 15 daysThese accredited investors, which can include trusts, individuals, family member of a startup and unlisted companies, may get exemption from angel tax under Section 56(2)(viib) of Income Tax Act, 1961, beyond the Rs 25 crore limit. Currently, the government allows startups to avail full angel tax concession on investments up to Rs 25 crore. Section 56(2) of the I-T Act provides that the amount raised by a startup in excess of its fair market value would be deemed as income from other sources and would be taxed at 30 per cent. Touted as an anti-abuse measure, this section was introduced in 2012. It is dubbed as angel tax due to its impact on investments made by angel investors in startup ventures. An angel investor is the one who puts funds in a startup when it is taking steps to establish itself in the competitive market. Normally, about 300-400 startups get angel funding in a year. Their investment in a unit ranges between Rs 15 lakh to Rs 4 crore. The department is also suggesting to exempt funds of alternate investment funds (AIFs) category 1 and 2 in startups to be completely exempted from this section. Currently, only certain areas of AIF category 1 are exempted. DPIIT has proposed various measures such as tax incentives to promote budding entrepreneurs as part of the ‘Startup India Vision 2024’. The vision document aims at facilitating setting up of 50,000 new startups in the country by 2024 and creating 20 lakh direct and indirect employment opportunities. In the document, it has suggested setting up of 500 new incubators and accelerators by 2024; 100 innovation zones in urban local bodies; deployment of entire corpus of Rs 10,000 crore Fund of Funds; and expanding CSR funding to incubators. Startup India is a flagship initiative of the government launched in January 2016. The programme intends to build a strong ecosystem for the growth of startup businesses, to drive sustainable economic growth and generate employment opportunities. So far, as many as 17,984 startups have been recognised by the department.
MAX’S MINI MART TO CARRY LEADING CARIBBEAN CHICKEN AT PROVO STORE Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you One thousand dollars in grocery in one minute at Smart Related Items:downtown, smart grocery Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 26 Mar 2015 – This Saturday, it’s your day so head to the New Graceway Supermarket – SMART – in down town Provo. Grand Opening this Saturday March 28, with in store giveaways, complimentary cake and you can win up to $500 in Groceries, plus surprises from LIME, InterCaribbean Airways and Digicel. Five Cays & Kew Town got their balloon savings yesterday, maybe today it will be your part of town. Smart opens this Saturday March 28 at 7am.
Councilman Tim Cashman authored the first ordinance to pass… Murphy wrote that the motion was needed after an ordinance in January changed the City of Soldotna Clerk’s Boss from the City Manager to Council. Council Member Cashman:”It basically just puts an ordinance that says the Mayor has the same authority over the Manager and the Clerk, as does any member of the council, because currently the Clerk and the Manager only report to the Council and not to the Mayor. This just includes the Mayor in that loop, which is really the practice that we’ve always used.” He added that it was not a change in any sort of power but the ordinance succinctly states how the chain of command works. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Soldotna City Council passed two ordinances unanimously Wednesday evening, amending minor inconsistencies in the city’s codes regarding the responsibilities of the Mayor and City Clerk. The second ordinance was penned by Councilwoman Linda Murphy, in an effort to draw more clear lines between responsibilities of the City Clerk and City Manager. City Manager Stephanie Queen wrote a memo to the ordinance saying, “This ordinance reorganizes portions of the Soldotna Municipal Code, to bring it into conformity with the current City Clerk reporting structure.”
Now residents are concerned over the confusion it causes tourists due to it’s construction. Visitors sometimes mistake it for a frontage road. The Alaska Department of Transportation finished reconstruction of the Alyeska Highway Multi-use Pathway in 2017 in response to safety concerns from area residents. They say they’re afraid to use the pathway because tourists, especially in RV’s, drive on it when they confuse it for the main highway. Girdwood residents have expressed these safety concerns with DOT. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Girdwood Fire Department took to social media to call out drivers in motorhomes choosing to commute on the local bike path vs. the designated roadway. Some Girdwood residents have expressed concern over safety on the newly constructed bike path along Alyeska Highway.
WILMINGTON, MA — Here are the obituaries published on Wilmington Apple during the week of March 3, 2019:Lived In Wilmington At Time Of Passing:Carl W. Butler, Jr., 61Dr. Marie A. Chesnick, 63Marlene A. Cipriano-Pagliuca, 59Irene (Fishburne) Harris, 91Tracey A. (Ethier) Kliros, 49Paul MacDonald, 70Mabel Anne (Libby) Manning, 97Mary M. (Thompson) Nelson, 91Previously Lived In Wilmington:Joseph F. DeLucia, Jr., 73Dorothy A. (Doucette) Loder, 84Vincent “Jim” Parziale, 93Worked In/Volunteered In/Connected To Wilmington:John F. Meehan, 66Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington OBITUARIES (Week of August 18, 2019)In “Obituaries”Wilmington OBITUARIES (Week of August 25, 2019)In “Obituaries”Wilmington OBITUARIES (Week of June 30, 2019)In “Obituaries”